In the article, we figure out how to make money for Tilda’s designer: what is needed for this, where to look for clients and how to calculate the price for the service.
Today, when business moves online, any company needs its own website. Many users want simple, fast and low cost solutions; it does not matter to them what the site is developed on, the main thing is to get a working site as one of the promotion tools. The emergence of a large number of delivery services, online stores and personal brands has increased the demand for website creation. For people who are just starting a business and do not have the opportunity to hire professional web developers, the service of creating a site based on a platform constructor will be relevant. One of the most popular is Tilda. On average, a site on such a platform is 2 times cheaper, so designers on Tilda are becoming more and more in demand. The niche is not yet occupied, so you can safely master the specialization.
What is Tilda
Tilda Publishing is a block website builder with which you can create a functional resource: website, online store, landing page, blog, email newsletters. The interface of the constructor is multifunctional and intuitive; a person who does not have programming skills can figure it out.
Consider the pros and cons of working on this platform. Pros :
- A large collection of ready-made block and website templates
- Zero-block, where you can create designs from scratch
- Intuitive interface, a lot of training and reference information
- Primary SEO optimization works on Tilda
- When paying for the annual tariff, the platform provides a domain as a gift
- Tilda has built-in analytics: you can connect Yandex and Google counters to the site
- Sites created on Tilda are quickly indexed by search engines
- Website adaptation for mobile devices
- Flexible pricing policy: different tariffs, affiliate program
- Users often report bugs on the platform. Sometimes these “glitches” slow down the work and take time
- The constructor works on templates. This limits the possibilities of site building, however, for many customers it is more important to get a convenient and working site.
- Information overload. There are many materials on working with the platform: manuals, guides, videos on Tilda and YouTube, courses, etc. It is important to understand what information you need and what is really worth spending your time on.
Who is a website designer on Tilda
You don’t have to be a programmer to design web products. With the Tilda constructor, you can learn how to work independently. First, the platform itself provides educational material. For example, in the Help Center and practical guides , you can familiarize yourself with Tilda’s functionality and find answers to frequently asked questions. In addition, after registering on the platform, you will receive emails with instructions on how to work with the site. It is recommended that you read them carefully.
Secondly, today there are many webinars and courses that help you master the new profession of a web designer.
Understanding the functionality of Tilda is important, but not enough. To create a good product, you need to have specific skills. Tilda designer should be able to:
- Creating user-friendly interfaces requires UX design skills;
- Work with popular visual editors: Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc.;
- Conduct A/B testing of websites;
- Apply knowledge of Internet marketing and color theory;
- Know the technical limitations of the platform in order to clearly understand which project is realistic to create on Tilda and which is not.
Are investments required?
At the initial stage, you can do without investments: sort out the tools yourself, gain experience by copying the sites you like, take small orders on the freelance exchange and replenish the portfolio of a web designer. This work does not require investment.
But if you plan to develop in this area, work with profitable projects and want to become a good specialist, then you cannot do without costs. These may be courses that offer advanced training. Their cost can vary from 2 to 15,000 rubles (depending on the duration of training and material).
You may also need a business account on Tilda: for this you will have to purchase a license. There are three types of tariffs on the platform:
- free – the functionality here is very limited. Allows you to create only one site with a limited number of blocks;
- personal – allows you to create only one site with a complete collection of blocks. You can also connect your domain here. The cost of a personal account is 500 rubles per month;
- business – allows you to create 5 sites of 500 pages. The subscription fee is 1000 rubles per month. But many web designers act according to this scheme: for two free weeks that the platform gives, they make a new site, transfer the rights to the site to the customer, and he already pays for the personal rights to the account to which the site is linked.
In general, the cost to start is low.
Now let’s find out, how much can you earn on this?
On freelance exchanges, you can find a different price tag for developing a site on Tilda. The minimum is 500 rubles, this price can be assigned to a beginner, and then for his first simple work. On average, creating one page on Tilda costs 5,000 rubles. And for more serious projects, you can assign a payment of 25-30,000 rubles.
Legal relationship with the customer
An important nuance – is it necessary to register a business in order to create sites on Tilda? Of course, at the start, when you complete simple orders from the freelance exchange, it makes no sense to run and draw up an IP. But if you consider this business not as a part-time job, but as your main activity, then the easiest option is to register as self-employed, pay a 4% tax and work quietly. Legal registration of a business is a prerequisite for cooperation with serious customers who conclude contracts and make settlements through a current account.
How to calculate the cost and terms of work
All beginners face the problem of pricing. What is the fee for your services? How to understand how much a project should cost?
The cost is calculated based on the time spent on the work:
project cost = number of blocks × time to create 1 block × hourly cost × 1.1
To calculate the time for completion of the work, you must:
- according to the terms of reference, we determine the time spent on creating 1 block (design + customization). By the number of blocks, we find the total number of hours for the project
- we add 25% to the calculated time for approval and editing;
- calculate the number of working days based on 4-5 working hours per day;
- Adding all these values, we get the total time for the production of the site.
Where to look for orders for website development
There are several main sources of orders. Using them, you can reach a stable monthly income.
- Freelance exchanges. This is the main source for beginners. There are many simple and low-budget applications that are great for gaining experience and building a portfolio. Here are some of the exchanges: Freelance.Ru, Kwork.Ru, FL.Ru. The competition for them is quite high, however, there are a lot of orders, so there is enough work for everyone, and if you offer a lower price, you will surely get your first orders. Once you develop a portfolio and a good reputation, it will become easier to find clients.
- Sites with vacancies . There can be two methods of finding clients here: look at vacancies for finding a web designer or collect a database of entrepreneurs in order to send them a commercial offer. The second method is less effective, but still it must be kept in mind. Examples of such sites: HH.ru, RosRabota.Ru, Zarplata.Ru, etc.
- Group VK Tilda . Now it has more than 50 thousand users. It is visited not only by web designers, but also by potential customers.
- Your website, blog, social media account x . You can manage your Internet resource and promote it. If this is a website, then Yandex and Google contextual advertising will help. If it’s social networks – targeted advertising.
- Thematic groups VK. Check out the small business groups. Individual entrepreneurs gather there. Many of them did not even think about creating a website. Tell them about the benefits of the resource and offer a ready-made solution.
- Word of mouth is the best source of customers. And this will require high-quality fulfillment of orders. Feel free to ask clients to talk about you or provide feedback on your work.
- Recommendations from educational courses . Some specialists who teach web design on the Tilda platform can help their graduates find their first orders. This is not a common practice, but still such stories happen.
- Tilda Expert . This section on the Tilda website itself is a catalog of designers and an order system that allows the contractor and the customer to find each other. You can register as an expert with Tilda, create and manage your portfolio. The advantage is that the service does not take commission and interest. When you register as a tilda expert and post your portfolio, your profile is assessed by experts on a five-point scale. For example, you get 4 points. Further, projects with the price that meet the requirements for specialists with 4 points are available to you. The higher the score, the more expensive and complex the projects. Ranking is connected to the system, so it is more difficult for a beginner to get an order in this way. However, it’s worth a try.
How to start making money creating websites
A step by step guide on how to start Tilda web designer. After working through each stage, in a couple of months you will be able to reach a stable flow of orders and a good monthly income.
Step 1. Define specialization
At the initial stage, you should decide what kind of work you will specialize in. It can be landing pages, business card sites, promo sites, online stores. No need to try to cover everything at once. It is better to become a professional in a narrow field: this way you will quickly reach a competitive level and gain experience in order to spend less time fulfilling an order.
To decide on a specialization, think about which of these you are most interested in, what knowledge you can apply in your work. Evaluate the market for web design services on Tilda, the market for requests in groups – which specialists are fewer and which orders are larger.
After that, decide on the target audience.
Step 2. Gaining skills and experience
Beginners are advised to make the first sites by analogy with others: just copy the sites, develop the skill. You can complete a couple of orders for free or for a nominal fee. If you know entrepreneurs, offer to make them a simple website for your portfolio.
Step 3. Putting together a portfolio
Be sure to save your work and place it in your portfolio. They will evaluate your professionalism and prospects for cooperation.
Step 4. We are looking for clients
Above, we analyzed the sources of orders. It will be more efficient to combine them in order to find customers faster. Work at the customer’s price for the first few weeks. When you gain experience and work in the portfolio, you will be able to correctly calculate the price for your services and set them at the right level.
Step 5. Develop and earn more
Develop as a specialist, work for the future – and then you can earn more. Learn new skills, expand your specialization. It will be useful for a web designer to understand writing texts, SEO, Internet marketing, web analytics.
And, of course, don’t forget about boosting your services. The more experience and skills, positive reviews, works in the portfolio – the higher the cost of services. Get to the next level, take on complex and high-budget projects – and you will be able to increase your income at times.
A few tips for those who want to make money on Tilda
- To get started, be sure to check out the training material that the platform itself presents. There are both useful articles and video tutorials (section “Training”). You can take further training – and choose a web design course to understand the nuances of working with Tilda.
- Train your eyesight, look at sites from cool web designers, get inspired.
- Create a good portfolio with quality work in the specialization in which you plan to develop. Choose 5-10 projects. It is not necessary to show all the works – as a rule, the customer evaluates the level of a specialist in the weakest project. If you are just starting out as a web designer, make 3-5 free projects but with complete freedom to show your level.
- Tilda has an affiliate program – its essence is that you are given a special link through which another user registers. When he first pays for the tariff, the platform gives a month of free use to both you and the referral. It is beneficial to use it when you make websites to order and register a customer account.
- Offer customers additional services to attract potential customers to the site. This will provide additional monthly income with little labor costs. For example, you can study SEO or the specifics of contextual advertising. If you do not want to do it yourself, find freelancers and transfer orders to them.
- Maintain a database of clients who have made the project. After 3-4 years, come back with a proposal to redesign. Firstly, during this time, many people may get bored with the appearance of the resource. Secondly, the design of the site may be outdated.
Tilda is one of the most convenient and functional website builders that even an inexperienced person can use. And training for 2-3 weeks will allow you to gain enough experience to take on the first orders. You can count on a stable income within 2-3 months after the start.
The main thing is to gain experience, develop a portfolio and place it in such a way as to attract the attention of the target audience. There are clients on freelance exchanges, job sites, and social networks. Also engage in search engine promotion of your business card site, connect contextual advertising. This will provide an additional influx of customers.